Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones.
People love to laugh. It is contagious. Everyone loves a comedian. Here are some points from a web page that talk about the benefits of laughter.
WHAT LAUGHTER DOES FOR THE BODY:
- Strengthens the Immune System- decreases stress hormones and increases the immune cells and infection fighting anti-bodies.
- Relaxes the whole body- releases endorphins
- Boosts energy- increases blood flow
- Shifts perspective- lightens burdens
- Diminishes pain
- Connects you to others
- Keeps you grounded, focused and alert
- Protects you from the damaging effects of stress
- Brings the body and mind back into balance.
Make it a daily habit to add laughter to your life and live happier and longer. Joy is strength.